The creator of SensDx is Dawid Nidzworski, Doctor of Biological Sciences specialising in Biochemistry, who, together with Artur Kupczunas, Piotr Krych and Tomasz Gondek, established SensDx (formerly Eton Group) in September 2014
SensDx has submitted three patent applications in line with the Polish procedure and one in line with the PCT procedure:
- Connection of the scanner – sensor – software system,
- Sensor structure and the use of a diamond electrode within the sensor structure,
- Diamond electrode coating method.
For now, the most important technological inventions, related to the production of peptides and gold electrodes based on PCB, will be protected internally as the company’s know-how and will not be patented, which is to protect the solutions from being used by the competition.
SensDx has received a number of distinctions at international competitions:
- Winner of the “EIT Health InnoStars Awards” prize from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme – for building the business model for the Flusensor. Win a first prize of 30,000 Euro
- SME stage 1 – H2020 project for small- and medium-sized enterprises for developing a feasibility study for the Flusensor project. Project entitled: FLUSENSOR – innovative, ultra-sensitive, fast and cheap micro-test to detect influenza virus
SensDx has obtained funds and is implementing the following projects:
- “Research and development works to develop a MULTISENSORA prototype – an innovative micro-sensor for identifying bacterial or viral causes of upper respiratory tract infections” as part of action 1.1 “Enterprise R&D projects” sub-action 1.1.1 “Industrial research and development activities carried out by enterprises” of the Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014-2020, co-financed by the funds from the European Regional Development Fund
- “Research and development works on an innovative, ultra-sensitive, fast and cheap micro-test for detecting the influenza virus – FLUSENSOR” as part of action 1.2 “Enterprise R&D activity” of the Regional Operational Programme of Mazowieckie Voivodeship for 2014-2020, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, Priority Axis I “Use of R&D activity in economy”
- „ANEURYSENS – an innovative micro-sensor for diagnosing and monitoring the risk of abdominal aortic aneurisms” as part of action 4.1.4 “Scientific research and development activities” of the Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014-2020, co-financed with the funds from the European Regional Development Fund, Priority Axis I “Increasing the scientific and research potential”
- “DIAMSEC – an ultra-sensitive sensory platform for a fast detection of epidemiological and pandemic threats” as part of the Strategic Scientific Research and Development Activities Programme “MODERN MATERIAL TECHNOLOGIES” TECHMATSTRATEG, financed by the National Centre for Research and Development, as the Co-Research Worker and Member of the POLI-DIAMENT Consortium, also composed of Gdańsk University of Technology (Leader), Łódź University of Technology (Co-Research Worker), Warsaw University of Technology (Co-Research Worker
SensDx also obtained funds as part of:
- The IMPACT_Poland Project co-financed with the European Union funds as part of the Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014-2020, Priority Axis II: Supporting the environment and potential of enterprises to carry out R&D&I activity, action 2.4 Cooperation as part of the national innovation system; sub-action 2.4.1 Centre for the analysis and pilot studies of new instruments inno_LAB; Scale UP pilot study (impactpoland.pl/o-projekcie)
The project implemented by SensDx, as part of IMPACT_Poland, aims to establish a plan for the company’s development (acceleration), thus to prepare the necessary tools for introducing the company’s products to the market. The financial support obtained is linked to the performance of marketing research directed at target groups in Poland and abroad, which will help adjust the products to actual market needs. The project also involves development of the design of the prototype product (Mobi and Pro) for testing purposes, which performs all the required functions and is ergonomic from the end recipient’s perspective. The project involves marketing research, supply chain analysis, preparation of certification documents and development of a system of visual identification of the company and the product.